Baltic Institute of Corporate Governance, a non-profit setting the agenda for good corporate governance practices in Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia, is looking for an Executive Assistant to join the team in Riga, in a newly created part-time (1/2 day) position.
As an Executive Assistant, your main job will be to support Vice President Latvia in running and growing operations in Latvia, including organization of local events, preparation of relevant materials, position papers for governmental institutions as well as briefs for the media. You will also cooperate with the rest of the team in Estonia and Lithuania.
- Support Vice President Latvia and the rest of the team in implementing good corporate governance initiatives, primarily in Latvia but also across the Baltics.
- Organization of good corporate governance education programs and other events, including communication with providers and participants.
- Preparation and distribution of various materials relevant to operations in Latvia, both in Latvian and English, including research, creation of positions papers and presentations, briefs for the media.
- Administrative tasks (meeting and travel organisation, expense management, etc.).
WHAT WE EXPECT
- An interest in and understanding of good corporate governance principles.
- Excellence in written communication as well as interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Experience in organizing events.
- Excellent Latvian and English skills, Estonian language being an advantage.
- An ability to multitask, taking care of many different assignments in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Creativity and ability to work independently as well as a part of the team.
- Readiness to learn and initiate.
- Commitment to ethical behaviour, transparency, and accountability.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Being a part of a leading business community in the Baltics and advancing real change in the behaviour of Baltic businesses.
- Working within a highly motivated and well-organised team.
- Possibility to learn and grow professionally through versatile and challenging tasks.
- Possibility to combine job responsibilities with last-year Bachelor studies as well as Master’s or PhD studies.
- Possibility to obtain information needed to work on a Bachelor, Master’s or PhD thesis related to corporate governance, diversity and sustainability.
- Flexible hours.
- Competitive compensation, depending on experience (1.000-1.300 EUR, gross).
HOW TO APPLY
- Emailing your CV and motivation letter (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: Executive Assistant in Latvia.
- Deadline for all applications is January 31, 2024.
- Interviews with the shortlisted candidates are expected to happen in February.