Baltic Institute of Corporate Governance (BICG) invites board and supervisory council members, shareholders and top executives to attend professional board member education program in spring 2017.
Background of the education
Topics of the education program are compiled based on the principles and recommendations on corporate governance by the International Finance Corporation of the World Bank Group (IFC) and Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
The spring program will be led by well experienced Swedish and Danish professionals, as well as Baltic experts.
“We are happy to see that the importance of good corporate governance is becoming increasingly recognised across the Baltic region, and we are proud to continue to offer an opportunity to learn from the Scandinavian experience and from the growing number of Estonian, Latvian and Lithuanian experts,” says Rytis Ambrazevičius, President of the BICG.
Education is held in the English language, it consists of three sessions (two days each) and final examination.
• April 27th and 28th – first session in Vilnius;
• May 10th and 11th – second session in Tallinn;
• May 18th and 19th – third session in Riga.
Education helps shareholders to…
- Monitor the company more effectively;
- Ensure that it is run as efficiently as possible in the interests of shareholders;
- Increase transparency of the company;
- Boost access to capital and financial markets;
- Elevate the confidence of potential partners;
- Raise the value of the company;
- Enhance and safeguard company reputation;
- Develop the long-term prosperity of the company.
Education helps board and council members to…
- Improve top level decision making processes;
- Build up better control environments;
- Develop better internal practices and compliance;
- Reduce potential fraud and conflicts of interest;
- Ensure higher level of protection for all investors;
- Build effective, transparent and ethical business;
- Improve relationships among the management, board, shareholders and stakeholders;
- Contribute to the long-term, sustainable growth of the company;
- Encourage effective succession planning for top and senior management;
- Serve professionally on the boards in all three Baltic States and globally.
Education helps top management to…
- Minimize losses, corruption, risks and mismanagement;
- Improve everyday interactions with shareholders, board and council;
- Ensure continual achievement of shareholders’ goals;
- Obtain more favorable lending as a result of greater transparency and confidence;
- Attract and cooperate with partners more beneficially;
- Attract and retain key talents more easily;
- Improve profitability;
- Support brand formation and development;
- Elevate company’s accountability and transparency to its shareholders and other stakeholders: employees, creditors, customers and the wider society.
To download the full introduction to the program, please follow the link below:
For more information, please contact:
Mob. +370 698 17011
Country Manager Latvia
Mob. +371 297 84407