Baltic Institute of Corporate Governance (BICG) invites board and supervisory council members, shareholders and top executives to attend professional board member education program in autumn 2017.
Background of the Education
“The program is designed to introduce all participants to the best principles of corporate governance, providing a strong basis for their practical implementation. As corporate governance is becoming increasingly recognised to be an essential tool for building a valuable business, we are proud to be offering an opportunity to learn about the best practices from the Scandinavian experience and from the growing number of local experts in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania,” says Rytis Ambrazevičius, President of the BICG.
Topics of the education program are compiled based on the principles and recommendations on corporate governance by the International Finance Corporation of the World Bank Group (IFC) and Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
Education is held in the English language, it consists of three sessions (two days each) and final examination.
• October 5th and 6th – first session in Vilnius;
• October 12th and 13th – second session in Tallinn;
• October 19th and 20th – third session in Riga.
To download the full introduction to the program, please follow the link below:
Education helps shareholders to…
- Monitor the company more effectively;
- Ensure that it is run as efficiently as possible in the interests of shareholders;
- Increase transparency of the company;
- Boost access to capital and financial markets;
- Elevate the confidence of potential partners;
- Raise the value of the company;
- Enhance and safeguard company reputation;
- Develop the long-term prosperity of the company.
Education helps board and council members to…
- Improve top level decision making processes;
- Build up better control environments;
- Develop better internal practices and compliance;
- Reduce potential fraud and conflicts of interest;
- Ensure higher level of protection for all investors;
- Build effective, transparent and ethical business;
- Improve relationships among the management, board, shareholders and stakeholders;
- Contribute to the long-term, sustainable growth of the company;
- Encourage effective succession planning for top and senior management;
- Serve professionally on the boards in all three Baltic States and globally.
Education helps top management to…
- Minimize losses, corruption, risks and mismanagement;
- Obtain more favorable lending as a result of greater transparency and confidence;
- Attract and cooperate with partners more beneficially;
- Improve profitability;
- Attract and retain key talents more easily;
- Support brand formation and development;
- Improve everyday interactions with shareholders, board and council;
- Elevate company’s accountability and transparency to its shareholders and other stakeholders: employees, creditors, customers and the wider society;
- Ensure continual achievement of shareholders’ goals.
For more information, please contact Rytis Ambrazevičius, President of the BICG, or Andris Grafs, BICG Country Manager in Latvia.
Mob. +370 698 17011
Country Manager Latvia
Mob. +371 297 84407